Lucy Snell has been named Stockport Grammar Masterchef 2015 by guest judges from the Grill on the Edge.
Lucy cooked two courses of piedmont roasted peppers followed by baked fish with a chorizo crust, lightly roasted new potatoes and asparagus wrapped in ham.
They were chosen as the winning dishes by the Grill on the Edge’s chef Tony and business development manager Amelia who both praised Lucy for the food’s flavour and presentation.
Our six finalists all had one hour to cook their two-course meal while the judges and 2014 winner Chris Corcoran kept a close eye on their preparation skills.
Prizes and runners-up
As well as the Masterchef trophy, second year pupils Lucy took home a £100 voucher for the Grill on the Edge.
Gary and Amelia also awarded runners-up prizes to:
- Asha Mistry, second place (Gujarati-style prawn curry served with lemon rice and salad followed by individual lemon meringue pie)
- Isabella Elms, third place (garlic and avocado tagliatelle followed by Moroccan spring lamb with coconut rice
Lucy, Asha, Isabella, Lilliana Ashton, Natalie Bennett and Ilana Patel all reached the final round having already progressed through our earlier food identification round and semi-final.
Lucy takes the Masterchef trophy from 2014 champion Chris Corcoran (oven-roasted pork tenderloin in a creamy truffle sauce followed by treacle sponge with custard).
Previous recent winners include:
- Francesca Bailey (salmon steak with avocado and crème fraîche served with grilled asparagus followed by a saucy chocolate pot)
- Emma Winder (Thai green curry with sticky coconut rice followed by chocolate torte)
- Luke Berry (stilton stuffed pear with a balsamic reduction then Patagonian beef with dauphinois potatoes)
- Emily Banks (sea bass and lemon salt followed by caramelised peaches with marsala wine)
The school would like to thank the Grill on the Edge for their continued support of the competition.