Budding artists from the local area headed to the school to celebrate their skill and creativity at the Stockport Grammar School Year Five Art Competition, sponsored by Brewin Dolphin.
The competition is now in its fourth year and welcomed entries from 114 artists from primary schools in the area.
A variety of styles, media and techniques were used by the children to create self-portraits which presented a lively exhibition that was enjoyed by everyone who attended.
With the high standard of pieces, judging was difficult for Head of Art and Design Mr Richard Davies and his colleagues. After much deliberation Ayanfe Odusoga from Lady Barn House School took away first prize and she was closely followed by runners-up, Lili Reynolds of Heyes Lane Primary School and Lola Stott of Whaley Bridge Primary School.
Speaking about the entries Mr Davies said: “The standard and variety of work was extremely high and it was great that they included a selection of clay, collage and mixed media pieces as well as more traditional drawings and paintings. Well done to each and every one of the artists.”
Thanks to the following schools for taking part and for their spectacular entries:
- Adswood Primary School
- Brabyns Preparatory School
- Bradshaw Hall Primary School
- Bridge Hall Primary School
- Cheadle Heath Primary School
- Denton West End Primary School
- Heyes Lane Primary School
- Lady Barn House School
- Prospect Vale Primary School
- Rose Hill Primary School
- St Thomas’ Church of England Primary School
- St. Winifred’s RC Primary
- Stamford Park Junior School
- Torkington Primary School
- Whaley Bridge Primary School
- Wilmslow Grange Primary School