The silver qualifying expedition on 5th to 7th April has been cancelled due to the severe weather.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award aims to provide for young people an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding programme of personal development, which is of the highest quality and the widest reach.
Stockport Grammar School is proud to be its own operating authority and as such we can offer the chance to obtain the award to all willing pupils starting at bronze level at the end of their Third Year. Each participant’s programme is tailor made to reflect the individuals starting point, abilities and interests.
The key principles of the award are that it should be:
- Non-competitive – a personal challenge, not a competition.
- Available to all – anyone can do it!
- Voluntary – it’s up to you what you do, it’s your leisure time.
- Flexible – your programme is designed by you, for you.
- Balanced – it will stretch you in all directions.
- Progressive – you improve at your own pace.
- Achievement focused – you can’t fail.
- A marathon, not a sprint – it takes more than a short burst of enthusiasm.
- Personal development – it’s the taking part that matters; getting an award is the icing on the cake.
- Enjoyable – it’s about getting out there and having fun!