The annual History department first world war battlefields tour took place this year between the 15th and 18th October.
70 pupils and eight staff travelled to their base on the outskirts of Lille, giving them easy access to the Somme region and Ypres in Belgium.
On their first day the pupils enjoyed guided tours of the Somme, taking in the museum in Albert, the Ulster tower, Newfoundland park, the Lochnagar crater and the Thiepval memorial.
At Thiepval, a wreath was laid, commemorating Old Stopfordians Stanley Liddell and Herbert Ormesher, who were sadly lost during the battle of the Somme in 1916.
The following day, the group crossed the Belgian border and spent the day exploring the sites around the Ypres Salient. They visited the Flanders Field Museum, Tyne Cott cemetery, the German cemetery at Langemarck and the Menin gate, where another wreath was laid during the daily remembrance service.