Marine focuses on protecting all rivers, canals, lakes and oceans.
The current situation:
- Single-use plastics are not used in the Dining Room. The packaging used is made from plants, not plastic, providing a low-carbon, annually renewable alternative to standard disposables
- Some pupils do bring in reusable water bottles
- The vending machines do use plastic cups
- Increase the use of reusable water bottles in school
- Offer suggestions for how pupils can live a more plastic-free life
- We have a target to remove all disposable plastic cups from school
What could be done at home:
- Have a look at our suggestions of products which aim to reduce the use of plastic.