At Stockport Grammar School, pupils of all ages have the opportunity to participate in an exciting range of drama productions as well as musical performances and dance shows.
Regular musical productions bring together drama, music, dance and backstage teams in an exciting collaboration to showcase and develop our pupils’ talents, with the latest production ‘Chicago’ taking place in spring 2020. Earlier in the school year, over 150 pupils enjoyed taking part in ‘A Christmas Carol’ (view a selection of scenes from one of the performances) and the summer term will bring a show-stopping dance production. This year’s shows follow hot on the heels of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ in spring 2019.
Details of our regular music concerts and recitals are available here.
The table below shows the activities for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Due to Covid-19, we are having to run our co-curricular activities in a different way to ensure pupil and staff safety. Current pupils will be informed of the changes by staff. If you have any queries, please get in touch with us.
|Activity||Day, time||Term||Location||Year Groups|
|Classics Play||Monday 4pm, Blue Wednesday 4pm||Autumn and Spring||W16||Lower Sixth|
|Dance Club – First Year||Wednesday 4pm||All||Exhibition Room||First Year|
|Dance Club – Second Year||Thursday 4pm||All||Exhibition Room||Second Year|
|Dance Club – Third Year||Tuesday 4pm||All||Exhibition Room||Third Year|
|Drama Club||TBA||All||Drama Studio||First to Third Year (Fourth to Sixth Form can come and help run the club)|
|LAMDA||Thursday – lunch or after school||All||Drama Studio||All Years|
|Musical Theatre||Tuesday 4pm||All||Exhibition Room||All Years|
Download last year’s Beyond the Classroom handbook (pdf) for an example of the range of co-curricular activities we offer at SGS.
In the news
- A sell-out production of ‘A Christmas Carol’
- A magical production of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Mary Poppins set to wow
- Roald Dahl’s books brought to life in Lower School production
- Dazzling dancers delight audience with ‘all that jazz’
- Dreams of Anne Frank create a powerful drama
- Dance show brings talent to the stage
- Annie brings musical sunshine to the stage
- Pupils get into their STRIDE during dance workshops
- Anticipation grows ahead of Annie production
- Dance show performers dazzle audience
- Drama brings time to reflect
- Cam dances his way onto prestigious training scheme
- Star turn from Lucy in production of well-loved musical
- Dancing with delight as show is a success
- William wows in theatre role