At Stockport Grammar School, pupils of all ages have the opportunity to participate in an exciting range of drama productions as well as musical performances and dance shows.
Regular musical productions bring together drama, music, dance and backstage teams in an exciting collaboration to showcase and develop our pupils’ talents, with the latest production ‘The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe’ taking place in autumn 2021 (watch a video selection of highlights from the show). Over 150 pupils enjoyed taking part in ‘A Christmas Carol’ (view a selection of scenes from one of the performances) and the production of ‘Chicago’ was dazzling. This followed hot on the heels of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ in spring 2019.
Details of our regular music concerts and recitals are available here.
The table below shows the activities for the 2021-2022 academic year. More activities will be added in due course.
|Activity||Day, time||Term||Location||Year Groups|
|Arts Award||Every Tuesday and Friday, Break and 12.30-1.15pm||All||DR2||All|
|Dance – Contemporary||Every Wednesday 4-5pm||Autumn||Exhibition Room||Third Year to Sixth Form|
|Dance – Modern and Lyrical||Every Wednesday 1-1.35pm||Autumn||Exhibition Room||First and Second Year|
|Dance Club – First Year||Every Monday 4-5pm||Autumn||Exhibition Room||First Year|
|Dance Company||Every Monday 12.30-1pm||Autumn||Exhibition Room||Second Year to Sixth Form|
|Dance Show Rehearsal||Every Tuesday 4-5pm||Autumn||Exhibition Room||Second Year to Sixth Form|
|Drama Club||Every Wednesday 1-1.40pm||All||DR1||First to Third Year|
|Production Rehearsals||Every Wednesday and Thursday, 4-5.30pm||All (during productions)||TBC||All|
In the news
- Drama production dazzles
- Dazzling production of Chicago
- A sell-out production of ‘A Christmas Carol’
- A magical production of ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Mary Poppins set to wow
- Roald Dahl’s books brought to life in Lower School production
- Dazzling dancers delight audience with ‘all that jazz’
- Dreams of Anne Frank create a powerful drama
- Dance show brings talent to the stage
- Annie brings musical sunshine to the stage
- Pupils get into their STRIDE during dance workshops
- Anticipation grows ahead of Annie production
- Dance show performers dazzle audience
- Drama brings time to reflect
- Cam dances his way onto prestigious training scheme
- Star turn from Lucy in production of well-loved musical
- Dancing with delight as show is a success
- William wows in theatre role